Yesterday was weigh-in day. I’ve lost 3 more lbs. Maintaining that forward progression. I am slightly ahead of my weight loss “schedule” and I feel great!
Aside from the scale changes, I’ve noticed some changes in my behavior, as well. I am an extremely introverted person, mainly because of my weight. When I’m out in public, I try to just blend in, to not draw any attention to myself. I keep my head down and try to avoid any interaction, but I’ve noticed that I’ve started walking with my head up, and smiling at strangers. This is big. I’ve also noticed changes in my metabolism, I used to have to take a nap as soon as I got home from work each day…I haven’t taken a nap in over two weeks!! I’ve noticed changes in some clothing, as well. I have a tank top that was always a little snug, but it fits perfectly now and I have a pair of boots that were too tight (yes, your feet lose weight too) and I wore them all day yesterday! All of these “victories” are just fuel to my fire. The sky is the limit. I know I can do this.
So, why am I doing this? I said in my first post that an Alaskan Cruise was my reasoning, and that is true, however, there are many reasons why I’ve begun this journey. Of course, the usual health reasons, but I’ve put together a more specific list. A weight loss bucket list, if you will of things I want to do and haven’t been able to because of my weight:
- Thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- I want to kayak – I guess this is something I could do now, but I don’t have the confidence.
- I want to walk into any store and not have to see what size they go up to. Just know that I can find something to fit. This may be a little vain, but I’m just being honest.
- Roller Coasters – I love them, but I don’t ride them out of fear of not fitting in the seats.
- I don’t want to have to check the weight restrictions before doing/using things.
- I want to be able to raise my arms without worrying if my stomach is exposed.
- Cute bra and panty sets.
- I want to zipline & maybe even bungee jump.
- Bathing suits – I haven’t owned an actual bathing suit since I was in elementary school.
- I don’t want to worry what people are thinking. In my mind, when people look at me, (even my close friends and acquaintances) I think they just see a fat blob. Now this may be a mental thing, but if I’m not fat, then I won’t think that’s what they see.
- We have these ladders where I work and they have railings on them, they’re very narrow (or so they seem to me), I want to be able to climb them without turning sideways.
- I want to join crossfit. This, again, is something I could already do, but I’m just not ready yet, mentally.
I’m sure there are many, many more reasons, but these are the ones that are motivating me. These are what’s keeping my focused.